This past winter I moved into a new home and now have the home office that I’ve always dreamed of and absolutely LOVE.
Up until now, I didn’t have the luxury of a big gorgeous office with sky-high bookshelves and built-in cherry cabinets galore. In fact, for the last decade I’ve mostly worked out of my dining room and kitchen.
One thing I’ve learned is that your office is only as functional and dreamy as you make it. And you can make almost any space highly functional and at least a little bit dreamy and fun. I applied these same principles to my kitchen / dining room office and was just as happy and productive there.
Today I’ve got 6 tips for turning your office into a beautifully organized, highly functional dream-office.
A Travel Agents Dream Office
1. Set up a mail bin or tray for each person in your household (and office if you have staff that works with you). Whenever you see papers or files laying around your home or office, toss them in the bin of the person they belong to. This makes it easy for anyone to sort the mail and keeps the paper piles to a minimum. Plus, it helps ensure that things don’t get lost.
2. Set up an “Action” folder or tray that you look in daily. Collect all of your action items in that folder or tray; for example, paper bills that came in and need to be paid, a statement or receipt from something you need to follow-up on, something you need to fill out and send in, and so on. This keeps all of your hot action items together in one place and you can spend just 10 or 15 minutes a day on those actions and moving the completed items into your long term file system.
3. Set up a To-Be-Filed folder or tray then file your papers once a week. Batching your filing to one time per week is time-efficient, and having a tray to collect all items to be filed helps keep your desk clean and clear.
4. Set up a bin to house all of your chargers and cords. We all tend to have a LOT of those laying around. Gather them all up in a bin and label each of them. I print labels with my label maker and wrap each cord with a label.
5. Diffuse essential oils throughout the day. They can boost your mood, help you focus, support your immune system, and of course, they smell amazing. My favorites for the workday are Balance by DoTerra and Abundance by Young Living. And this is my favorite diffuser (I’ve tried several and for me this one takes the cake).
6. Keep a vase full of your favorite flowers near your workspace or burn a candle or have something else that’s inspiring to you.
Do you have any additional tips for creating a dream office? Please share them in the comments below! Or just tell me which of these six tips is your favorite.
If you’re interested in seeing my new dreamy office, here are a few pics! ☺
Love & Success,
Heidi and Your Marketing Team
P.S. I’d love to hear from you! In the comments below tell us how you create your dream office, or tell me which of these six tips is your favorite.
Free Travel Agent Sales Guide
Questions To Ask & Tips For Signing
On New Clients With Ease
We will never share your information.