** Last Updated May 29, 2023 **
I’ve had many “offices” over the years – from dining room tables to coffee shops to hotels to my own luxurious custom home offices, I’ve experienced it all!
Technology has made it possible for many of us to work from just about anywhere we can set up our laptops and get an internet connection. While you technically CAN work anywhere, that doesn’t mean that anywhere is going to be the most functional setup to support your productivity – but with a few tips and tricks, you can create a more functional, and beautiful office space wherever you happen to be!
Don’t write off creating your dream travel agent office as frivolous, there is a direct correlation between the design of your office space and your productivity! Taking the time to make your office beautiful and inspiring – whatever that looks like for you – and setting up some simple organizational elements will have a direct effect on your bottom line.
One thing I’ve learned over the years of living the laptop lifestyle is that your office is only as functional and pleasant as you make it. I’ve applied the same principles I used to create custom, luxury dream offices to my kitchen/dining room offices and was just as happy and productive.
Today I’ve got 6 tips for turning your office into a beautifully organized, highly functional dream office.
A Travel Agents Dream Office
1. Set up a mail bin or tray for each person in your household (and office if you have staff that works with you). Whenever you see papers or files laying around your home or office, toss them in the bin of the person they belong to. This makes it easy for anyone to sort the mail and keeps the paper piles to a minimum. Plus, it helps ensure that things don’t get lost.
2. Set up an “Action” folder or tray that you look in daily. Collect all of your action items in that folder or tray; for example, paper bills that came in and need to be paid, a statement or receipt from something you need to follow-up on, something you need to fill out and send in, and so on. This keeps all of your hot action items together in one place and you can spend just 10 or 15 minutes a day on those actions and moving the completed items into your long term file system.
3. Set up a To-Be-Filed folder or tray then file your papers once a week. Batching your filing to one time per week is time-efficient, and having a tray to collect all items to be filed helps keep your desk clean and clear.
4. Set up a bin to house all of your chargers and cords. We all tend to have a LOT of those laying around. Gather them all up in a bin and label each of them. I print labels with my label maker and wrap each cord with a label.
5. Diffuse essential oils throughout the day. They can boost your mood, help you focus, support your immune system, and of course, they smell amazing. My favorites for the workday are Balance by DoTerra and Abundance by Young Living. And this is my favorite diffuser (I’ve tried several and for me this one takes the cake).
6. Keep a vase full of your favorite flowers near your workspace or burn a candle or have something else that’s inspiring to you.
Do you have any additional tips for creating a dream office? Please share them in the comments below! Or just tell me which of these six tips is your favorite.
Free Travel Agent Sales Guide
Questions To Ask & Tips For Signing
On New Clients With Ease
We will never share your information.