As an expert in your field, you need to convey that expertise through your branding.
So how do you create a brand that’s professional, that demonstrates your expertise, that speaks to your target market, and that lets the real you shine through? Answer the following questions to help you identify how well your branding reflects your personality.
- What does your brand say about you and your expertise?
- What can your clients expect from you?
- Does your branding make your clients feel like they can trust you with their dream vacation?
- Does your brand image (name, logo, website, business cards) reflect your specialty accurately?
- Do your ideal clients know that you specialize in, say, East European cycling trips (Adventure/Active Travel)?
- If someone who knows you saw your branding, would they recognize you — your voice, your personality, your energy and passion — in that brand?
After you answer those six questions, take a look at the other brands your ideal clients follow (Bicycle manufacturer, cycling clothing and equipment, etc). Is your branding complimentary to them? Do you “belong” in that industry?
If your brand identity feels disjointed or does not fit within the other businesses in your niche, it is time to hire a professional. Also, if you aren’t sure — that is, if you don’t have the design experience to identify how your brand works within your target — then it is also time to hire a professional.
Share with your designer who your ideal client is and what your brand stands for, and allow them to develop an image that speaks to your ideal client. Your brand identity is equivalent to your brick and mortar store: keep it professional, provide adequate information about you and your services, and keep it easy to navigate. This will attract in your dream clients.
Want some help developing your brand? Come join us in the Travel Expert Marketing Academy!
Love & Success,
Heidi and Your Marketing Team